The VP assists the CONTROLLER Finance by managing the accounting staff undertaking accounting functions for Group’s operations in India. The responsibilities inter alia include:
• Day to day management of the team and guiding team members
• Assisting the CONTROLLER Finance in the provision of strategic financial guidance and support to the business operations in India
• Ensuring that the Company’s internal control standards, accounting standards and policies are adhered to and assisting in development of such policies
• Ensuring that the Company’s financial records are in compliance with GAAP and respective local regulatory requirements.
• Ensuring efficient and effective timely delivery of External and Internal Financial Reports
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Indicate the % of time, “E” (essential) or “N” (non-essential), and activities below. Use the tab key in the last table box to add subsequent lines.
% of Time E/N * Activity
10% E Strategic Financial guidance and support
Assist in the provision of strategic financial guidance
and support to business initiatives in India.
15% E Department development
•Assist CONTROLLER Finance in developing and maintenance
of a strong, motivated and skilled team in India to meet
the changing needs of the business in India
•Provide day to day management support to the department
•Assist in expansion of department services and
improvement in quality of services provided
•Develop, coach, motivate and manage performance of team
to achieve responsibilities of department.
•Develop and maintain a customer service focus for the
•Monitor requirements of Indian operations to ensure
department services and resources continually develop to
meet changing needs. Identify issues to address with
•Monitor staff review process to ensure appropriate career
feedback is provided at all levels within the group.
40% E Operational Responsibilities:
• Supervise overall corporate accounting function for all India entities.
• Ensure timely update of books of accounts as per the local GAAP.
• Assist in the resolution of complex accounting issues.
• Provide guidance to staff in handling and resolving accounting issues.
• Provide day to day management support to team supervisors/senior.
• Perform monthly close for all India entities.
• Ensure proper explanations are given for variances in balances.
• Update the President of the Company on the financial position of the company with proper explanation and respond to the queries, if any.
• Review Month end close process.
• Coordinate with statutory auditors for year-end audits and tax year-end audits.
• Prepare accounts related data for Board Meetings.
• Ensure timely completion and filing of quarterly withholding tax return, service tax return and annual Income Tax return.
• Manage the production of and review statutory and legal entity accounts and other financial statements required by/in relation to business operations.
• Manage provision of financial service support to other functional and operational areas as required.
• Establish and maintain appropriate procedures to undertake the above responsibilities (working with other CA managers and ensuring compliance with global policies and procedures and other legal requirements).
• Manage team activities to ensure compliance with the Company’s Internal Control Standards, Accounting Standards and Policies.
• Manage team activities to ensure effective and efficient timely delivery of Internal and External Financial reports, including local statutory and regulatory reports.
20% E Other Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure resolution of issues.
• Manage and guide department to ensure smooth function of Corporate Accounts India.
• Escalate PS or other issues to ensure immediate resolution of the same.
• Assist in co-ordination of corporate accounting resources in support of the budgeting efforts for India.
• Assist in resolving complex accounting/financial issues as they arise and make recommendations for associated business decisions and implement as required.
• Manage or participate in department projects and participate in cross-departmental projects as required by CONTROLLER Finance
• Manage or participate in special projects as required by CONTROLLER Finance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & TRAINING: MANDATORY
1. CPA or equivalent required.
2. Financial services experience required.
1. Eight to nine years of financial accounting experience. Prior public accounting experience preferred.
2. Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger is preferred.
3. Proficiency in Excel and Word is required.
4. Thorough knowledge of local GAAP required.
5. Knowledge and exposure to International accounting issues, currency translation and consolidations preferred.
6. Knowledge and exposure to international accounting and financial issues, currency translation and consolidations is required.
7. Knowledge of financial products and international transactions is preferred.
1. Applicants must have strong project management and decision making skills.
2. Applicants must have good all-round business awareness and the ability to handle a wide range of financial matters.
3. Applicants must have good management skills and the ability to develop and adapt a strong team to the demanding and continually growing needs of the business.
4. Applicants must have strong oral and written communications skills, have highly developed organizational skills. Applicants must also have good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate technical concepts to non technical personnel as well as the ability to handle cultural and language considerations.
5. Applicants must be flexible and adaptable and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Fundamental Solid Advanced/Expert
• Performs or is required to understand fundamental practices and procedures within area.
• Learns the essential activities and tasks associated with his or her own work role.
• Generally relies on others for instruction, guidance, and direction.
• Has a basic level of experience (typically up to two years). • Independently organizes and performs most work required within area.
• Understands theories, concepts, principles, and techniques to handle most situations without guidance.
• Demonstrates full competence in his or her own work.
• Has an intermediate level of experience working in the area (typically two to six years). • Resolves the more complex, critical or unusual business issues that arise within area.
• Keeps up-to-date with leading-edge developments as related to profession and/or industry.
• Serves as a technical resource for others.
• Has in-depth experience in the area (typically more than six years).
• General Accounting Principles----Expert
• General Ledger ---Expert
• Budgeting/Planning ----Solid
• Department Policies/Procedures ---Solid
Knowledge of Mutual Fund Industry
• Regulatory Structure --Solid
• Industry Functions (Transfer Agency, Distributor, Advisor) __Solid
Knowledge of F-T Operations
• Department Functions --Expert
• Company Organization Structure --Expert
• F-T Product Knowledge--Expert
• Subsidiary Structure/Operations Expert
• Subsidiary Products Expert
Knowledge of Accounting Principles in Mutual Fund Industry
• Foreign Currency Expert
• Consolidations Expert
• Inter-Company Transactions Expert
• Transfer Pricing Expert
• Subsidiary/Functional Accounting Practices
Should you be interested kindly forward your profile to us at email@example.com